Sunday, June 8, 2008

"I'm Going to be a Character"

Nora has been watching Shirley Temple movies lately. Yesterday, she said she wanted Shirley Temple hair. Well, I figured I could do at least a good enough job to impress her. I took her to the drug store to buy curlers (they actually still sell foam curlers!), and she was beside herself with excitement. Skipping, singing, telling the entire store. She had asked why sometimes Shirley Temple is named Shirley, and sometimes Heidi, and sometimes Curly Top. We had a discussion about actors and characters. What she took from that was that if she has Shirley Temple hair, she should be called a character. "I'm going to be a character!" is what she sang while skipping around the store, house, and yard!

She sat patiently while I rolled her hair, and she kept the rollers in for about five hours while they dried! She was THRILLED with the result! Of course, this morning she shed tears and wanted her Nora hair back. It was short-lived, but it was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment