Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Guessing Game Results

No one, as I predicted was able to identify Alek's wound. This is what happens when you play tug of war with a jumprope. The jumprope has plastic hollow handles. Alek said to Zachary, "Whoever falls down first wins." Zachary promptly let go of his end and fell down. Alek pulled his end smack into his forehead.

My Karmic payback for this little game is that last night Alek got hit in the head with a metal baseball bat. It was REALLY scary. The injury was grotesque - the kind of bump you see on Tom and Jerry - not a goose egg, but a greenish purple stalk shooting out of his head. We went to the ER where he had a CAT scan. It was negative. He never lost consciousness, vomited, or lost lucidity. He barely cried at all - except when I saw the wound and inappropriately freaked. He seems fine. Doc believes all is fine. It was a scary night. I think I'll refrain from posting photos of it.

1 comment:

  1. We're all allowed the occasional inappropriate freak out moment. I'm glad all is well. That was a pretty gruesome bruise. He's a tough kid! Stacy

    ReplyDelete