Tuesday, August 12, 2008

If I Were....

If I were VERY, VERY pregnant, would it be appropriately safe to take my four very young children into Galveston, get on an oldish boat with questionable railings, ride around the very polluted, murky, ominous, terrorist-target-friendly and dangerous port of Houston, and then drive home in rush hour traffic???????? I think I would go to play putt-putt golf or something instead. Some people think I am over-worrying about this. Some people think I'm silly. Some people think it's my fear of water that is at the heart of this. Some people would probably go on a helicopter ride in Banglaesh when they are 38 weeks pregnant and then ride an elephant into the mountains for a weekend camping trip with a group of 43 preschoolers and think that's fine and dandy. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, I have no idea what you're talking about, but you make me laugh. No, I wouldn't want to do any of those things at 38 weeks. At 38 weeks, just give me hemmorrhoid cream and a pedicure. Ha. Probably TMI.

    ReplyDelete