December in Review
So.... it's apparently annoying to some of you that I've not posted in 26 days. This does NOT mean I haven't been checking to see who's been checking the blog.....
Really, it's not my fault. The card reader on the PC died. This would be easily fixed by using the USB cable that came with the camera. However..... I couldn't actually find that cord until today. Really..... how many of you know exactly where every one of the 437 USB cables that you likely own actually is????????? Give me a break.
This first picture is a little out of order chronologically, but I think it best exemplifies the way I've operated this December.
It was about 8:15 on December 8th. I was on the phone talking to Sharon about her impending departure from Doha and arrival in the states. We were chitting and chatting a hundred miles an hour. Alek had already been taken to school. Nora was dressed and ready. I needed to dress Walt. I dressed him, continued the chitting and the chatting, and left the room to make Nora's lunch. A bit later, I called Walt to come into the kitchen so I could put on his socks and shoes. He just kept laying there and ignoring me. I gave up, went and gathered Nora's bag, and then tried again. "Walt, come here!" Usually he runs for socks and shoes. Today he said.... quietly in a matter of fact kind of way...... "Ow." Ow? What's wrong? Come here and show me. Walt:"............. ow."
Keep in mind that it's now about 8:45. I'm still talking to Sharon, but I get off the phone so I can see what's wrong with Walt who has apparently been laying in the same place for almost 30 minutes. Yeah. EXCELLENT parenting.
The weekend of the 5th, "The Aunts" came to visit with "Baby Ella"
I discovered a flare for modern photography. (How many of you True Blood fans don't find this a compelling interpretation of the new character?)
Tim and family came to greet "The Aunts."

At the park with the aunts, Ella, and Grant.


Yes, Dave claims this to have been a "perfectly safe" way to retrieve the football.

Dave apparently needed a handicap for the football game.

Grant and Alek practice kicking.

Alek and Ella share some down time.
Then, on the 9th, IT SNOWED!!!!!! I know, I know, many of you are laughing, but for those of us who actually live here, where it NEVER snows, it was AMAZING!!!!! (Can't you see it?????)


Then we were visited by Grandma and Grandpa. Then Granny and Grandpa arrived, and then...........

Alek played a Roman soldier AND one of the Three Kings in the church nativity.

On Christmas Eve, each kiddo opened one present, but the rest was saved for Christmas Day! Nora and Walt went right to sleep, but Alek stayed up until after 11 o'clock quietly watching out his window. Christmas mornign was fun, the kids were thrilled with the Pony Fair, wii, and Cars Racing lanes that Santa brought.
At the park with the aunts, Ella, and Grant.


Yes, Dave claims this to have been a "perfectly safe" way to retrieve the football.

Dave apparently needed a handicap for the football game.

Grant and Alek practice kicking.

Alek and Ella share some down time.
Then, on the 9th, IT SNOWED!!!!!! I know, I know, many of you are laughing, but for those of us who actually live here, where it NEVER snows, it was AMAZING!!!!! (Can't you see it?????)
Also on the 9th Sharon and family arrived in town. This heralded the beginning of a great week filled with "Carrie" necklaces, lovely dinners, book club, and ENTOURAGE SEASON 5 !!!!!
We celebrated the SEVENTH anniversary of Alek's Adoption Day!!! And then just a few days later, we celebrated Walter's 2nd birthday!!
Christmas Eve 2008!

Alek played a Roman soldier AND one of the Three Kings in the church nativity.

On Christmas Eve, each kiddo opened one present, but the rest was saved for Christmas Day! Nora and Walt went right to sleep, but Alek stayed up until after 11 o'clock quietly watching out his window. Christmas mornign was fun, the kids were thrilled with the Pony Fair, wii, and Cars Racing lanes that Santa brought.Oh... and somewhere in there I read the complete four book, 2000+ page Twilight series. Ladies.... you're missing out. After all, it's a bona fide "pop culture phenomenon!"
The next day we travelled to see Cousin Lillian's Baptism, and then hurried back for Alek's last playdate with Stone (who has since moved to Kentucky) and my last playdate with Sharon (who is probably circling the airport over Doha as I type this), and have now enjoyed TWO quiet days at home! And now, dear friends, you are up to speed.

WOW! That was one very busy December. I adore the picture of Walt in his coveralls. That is just such a classic Mom Moment. Tiger won't let us celebrate his adoption day... but DH and I shared a candy bar that night anyway. :)
ReplyDeleteTHANK YOU JENNIFER. I've been patiently, er, okay, waiting for an update. I caved, and now I'm 2/3 thru Book 2 of Twilight series and am in love with Edward...
ReplyDeleteLoved your pictures. Especially Walter in the overalls. You better watch how much you document, though--you're building up quite a repertoire for his therapist in 20 years.