Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Swine, Schmine, We're All Fine

Well, we survived it. Can you believe it? In a remarkably appropriate response to the possibility of a suspected case of...of... sick child..... Alek's school closed its doors last Saturday, and we were told not to return until May 18. What a relief. Who wouldn't want to be unexpectedly faced with a bored 8 year old for two weeks? Who wouldn't think this was a reasonable response? Who wouldn't be impressed? And THEN... well, when I got the email that Nora was not particularly welcome at preschool due to her possibly-might-have-been-exposed-to-another-possibly-sick-kid sibling, well, that was icing on the cake. ALL THREE kids home for two weeks! YEE HAW! PARTY!!!!!!

But apparently the eye-rolling in Washington trickled down to Texas yesterday, and we received a reprieve. I rejoiced. Alek teared up (possibly for different reasons than my rejoicing). Nora seems to have not realized it was going on at all. Can I just say (this is for you know who), driving both children to school this morning was, sorry Jon, my moment of Zen.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious. Jon Stewart would be proud of that post.

    ReplyDelete