Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tennessee High Culture

So one thing you may not know about Gatlinburg, Tennessee is the phenomenal amount of high culture attractions present in the quaint little non-neon night light-resplendent town. Really. From "As Seen on TV" stores to "The Black Bear Revue" (advertised by photos of bears on stools and women in can-can dresses) to an upside down building to 57 miniature golf establishments to the plethora of Ripley's attractions, the place is magnificent. My children's horizons have so been broadened. One afternoon we took in the Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum and the Ripley's Wax Museum. I think it was honestly the highlight for Nora. She was CLUELESS as to who all these people were. She didn't care. She didn't even ask. But people.... this sampling represents only about a THIRD of the photos she demanded I take. Alek and Walt posed largely, I think, because her enthusiasm was so pronounced. Alek, at least, knew who some of the characters were. Forrest Gump is actually one of his favorite movies. And look at them all. The last is my favorite. But I wish I'd had some ears to put on him.


Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if it's because he's so young, but the two of Walter, and yes, especially the one with Hugh, take the cake. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete