Dave took the older monkeys camping. Walt and I stayed home. We've had a nice time - just hanging out and doing things around the house. It's very different to have just one little monkey around the house!
Last week, I finished The Stranger by Albert Camus. (This is one of those books I should have read in college but somehow didn't. If you want to talk about the meaning, I'd seek elsewhere as I don't think I got it exactly.) Anyway, it has become one of Walt's favorite possessions. He carries it around from room to room, flips through it - especially when he is watching TV (clearly, he's not getting adequate intellectual fulfillment from the TV and is looking elsewhere). So, while some of you have babies who love Sandra Boynton, I have a baby who loves Nobel Prize-winning French authors. And don't tell me it's about the cover being all cool and black and white - Walt is so above appearances. (Not at all pretentious, right?)
I love it. He's into absurdist fiction, eh? We read that book in 12th grade--There's a Cure song called "Killing an Arab" based on that book. You should get it for your ipod...your kids would love it. (and, you know, I'm kidding, right?) It's no Barry White. I'd forgotten all about that until now. Wow. Just kept it tucked away in there...
ReplyDelete