Me: Nora, where is the rest of your toilet paper holder? (Noticed it missing tonight while tucking her in and straightening up in her bathroom - you know, the spring cylinder that actually holds the roll.)
Nora: Ummmmmmmmmm.... on the stairs.
Me: Why?
Nora: I don't know.
(I go check, surprised I'd missed it. Nope, nothing on the stairs except half a plastic yellow Easter egg.)
Me: It's not there, Nora. Where is it?
Nora: It might be in our Mermaid Garden in the back yard. (She and Kate were calling the back corner of the yard this today.)
Me: Why would you have taken your toilet paper holder out of your bathroom and outside?????
Nora: (Said with a distinct, "Duh"-like tone), "I was curling Kate's hair."
Tomorrow, when the sun comes up, I guess I'll be poking around the yard for a toilet paper holder. Great.
Cute story. And I love the stuff about Alec. Sort of sad when they're not puppies anymore...
ReplyDeleteJennifer! We ladies must make sacrifices for beauty. Really, you should be more understanding of her need for the tp holder.
ReplyDeleteHAHA!! That definitely is the winner in childhood logic this year.
ReplyDelete