Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Catching Up - Finally

So.... ummm... I lost the blog bug for awhile.......but I'm back now. Here are some catch up photos..... they start on June 11-15 and go back. I'll do the last two weeks in the next post.

On June 11, David and I took a trip. JUST THE TWO OF US. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??? AND WE DIDN'T GO TO THE WOODLANDS. WE WENT ON AN ACTUAL TRIP!

We went to Duck Key, about half way down the Floriday Keys. It was lovely. It was relaxing. It was four nights without changing a diaper, making a meal, or doing laundry. There was a pool there.... a lovely, lovely, lovely pool THAT DIDN'T ALLOW CHILDREN AT ALL! Can you believe it????????? AND PEOPLE BROUGHT YOU ADULT BEVERAGES WHILE YOU READ A BOOK IN THE SUN!!!!! Honestly, I could have been on another planet. It was that foreign to me.

We took a sunset cruise.


We went snorkeling. David enjoyed it. Ummmm... I was excited about it until I found out we were going to a reef SIX MILES OUT TO SEA. Seriously? Okay, so I went. I got in the water. It was interesting. The reef was lovely. The fish were fun. And then my heart would pound in my ears as I would search in the underwater distance for that Great White to appear. It never did, but about 25 minutes of repeated sporadic and massive panic were pretty much enough for me. I watched from the boat after that.


The view from our room. My beloved pool. The ocean beyond it. Alas.



Alek was an acorn in his school play. He had lines. He was perfect. My battery died 2 seconds before his lines began. Nice.





I love going once a year to King's Orchard to do the blueberry and strawberry thing. Walter LOVED it. Nora is a veteran. It was fun. Susan and I were amazed at the strawberries. They are so much sweeter than the ones at the store. And they are a little warm from the sun. They taste like strawberry jam. Perfect.


Remember how a couple of years ago it was always Nora with Caroline's boys and Nora with Annika's boys? Well, now it's Walter with Katie's girls or Susan's girls. Poor Walt.
Water Days at the Preschool. Fine, Katie - everyone needs to read this. Ummmm... and look at this, I can laugh at myself. WHATEVER.
Nora loved Water Days, and frankly, I didn't hate it this year all that much.

The Mother's Day Luncheon
Every year the 4's classes have a Mother's Day Luncheon. This year's had to be rescheduled due to the Swine Flu Frenzy, but we got to have it. The kids make lunch, give us gifts, and sing songs. It's a HUGE deal. The kids work on it for weeks. They keep secrets. They practice songs. They learn movements and perform beautifully.


We get dressed up.
We do our hair in fancy do's.
We do NOT, apparently, keep our shoes on while on the playground earlier that day.

The May Ballet Recital.
Rainbow Pixies.

BRONZE eyeshadow. It was a "requirement."



May Brownies.
Easter Eggs!!!!!
(Look at his hands. Use a spoon? Are you kidding????)

1 comment:

  1. 1. Is Dave wearing pool noodles to snorkel?

    2. Acorn made me chuckle.

    3. Pool made me jealous.

    4. I need some more of those strawberries and blueberries.

    ReplyDelete