Really, I was dreading it. But Nora was completely revved up for the event. Days ahead of time she started chattering about it. Wednesday morning she was in her swimsuit before 7 a.m. She was READY. And then her boundless joy and glee while there is incredible. This is the preschool playground and parking lot with added attractions such as a real car wash, face painting, fake shaving, the "tactile walk" consisting of tubs of marshmallows, noodles, dirt, slime, etc., a drive-thru-on-a-trike carwash, and snow cones. The kids react as though they are at the best event ever conceived by humanity. I ALWAYS end up feeling like a terrible mom for not being more enthused ahead of time. Don't get me wrong, I don't bad-mouth it to the kids or anything, but I have to work at the fake excited smile every time the subject comes up. Poor Nora.



No comments:
Post a Comment