Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Random Moments

I know. I've been a terrible blogger this summer. I think I've posted just enough so that Katie hasn't yet dropped me from her blog roll, but I've been warned. School starts in six days. Time flies..... except on those afternoons when they whine and fight and time stands still.

Alek went to Camp Invention the last week of July. It's a cool science camp, and the kids get to bring items to destroy and then use the parts, and any other parts they can scavenge to build the item of their choice. Alek built a rocket and launch pad. He insisted it would actually work if I'd just give him some cotton wadding, some gasoline, and a match. Ummmmmmm..... let me think...... ummmmmm.... No.

So Kathryn and Nora went upstairs for a bit. Kathryn had just painted Nora's nails, so we figured she would dress her up. Well, she did.... apparently as a biker. We were surprised.


Fifteen minutes later, all was right with the world again.
Walter is obsessed with our bathroom. For months now. It's exhausting. It has double doors that are hard to childproof. I bet he washes his hands 37 dozen times a day.



Hanging out with the bats, mosquitos, and cicadas.




HE CAN DO IT HIMSELF!
For some reason, Walter on occasion will run through the house in this cap screaming, "Cap Boy!!!" I don't know who taught it to him. Of course, if it's picture worthy, the other two hams have to get into the act.








2 comments:

  1. Funny Walter! And boy howdy but Alek and Nora have grown up this summer. Yikes, that must mean we're growing up too?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cap Boy. That's awesome. And a very inexpensive Halloween costume. "Who are you Walt?" "Why, I'm Cap Boy."

    ReplyDelete