There is nothing better than being proven right. It feels good, doesn't it? You have to admit it. It feels great.
So on Thursday I was at lunch with Katie and Susan. And it was warm. We were outside. It was gorgeous. And there were bees. Bees buzzing here and there. On our glasses of tea and coke. On our kids' shirts. On the table. And "YA'LL," Katie is scared of bees. Katie's kind of unflappable. Believe me. I know this. But apparently, bees are too much. So Susan and I laughed at her. I told her bees die when they sting and they don't want to die! They want to LIVE! The bees were not being mean, just hungry and curious. Time and again, lunch was interrupted by bees. And each time I calmly brushed them off my cup or sleeve. Katie was nervous. But I was right. The bees were doing no harm. It feels good to be right. It does.
Then Walt got stung. Nice. In my defense, he stepped on it accidentally.
But Katie.... it had to feel good to be right. But you didn't let on. You didn't even say, "I told you so."
What? ME? Say I told you so? NEVER. Especially not at poor Walter's expense. Sheesh. What kind of insensitive person do you take me for?
ReplyDeleteBut, now that you say it.. ;)
LOL
ReplyDelete