First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT JOANIE!!!!! I have a card. I've had it since the day after Thanksgiving. Has it beem mailed? Nope. But I love you dearly. What are you now.... I'm thinking 45, 46?

So.... How many of you remember Alek's Lincoln obsession from this time last year? Yeah. Out with the old, people. This year we're in the 20th century and the assassination victim of choice? JFK. On November 22, 2009, I took Alek to the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas. That's right... on the 46th anniversary of the shooting. The siblings stayed with Granny and Grandpa. Daddy stayed home. It was just me and Alek. We had a great time.
Me: Two please. With audio.
Her: One adult audio and one child audio.
Me: Oh, no. Two adult audios.
Her: Are you sure? They're pretty detailed.
Me: I'm sure.
The tour through the museum....
Tap, tap, tap (Alek motions for me to turn off my headset for a moment.)
Alek: Mom, you know what they forgot to say? They forgot to say how Joe, Jr. died in World War II.
Me: Oh.... there was a fourth brother? I forgot about that.
Tap, tap, tap (Headset gets turned off.)
Alek: Mom, guess what? They didn't say how Jack Ruby brought his dog to the station that morning so they would get fed when he went to jail. And Mom, did you know that if Lee Harvey Oswald (ummm... I'm just going to call him Lee because I like that better.) If Lee hadn't asked for a sweater, probably they would have been gone before Jack Ruby got there, and he would have lived.
Tap, tap, tap (Off for the 725th time)
Alek: Mom, there was no other shooter. Modern computer simulations prove it. Conspiracies are silly. Old people believe them, not me.
Me: Yeah, well, tell that to the CIA, the mob, and Cuba.
Me: Yeah, well, tell that to the CIA, the mob, and Cuba.
Alek: MOM (huge eye roll)...
And rest assured, people.... really.... he's already started talking about Bobby. When he moves to Teddy, how do I explain Chappaquiddick to a third grader?
Doesn't your nearly three year old wear his Jimi Hendrix t-shirt after his Thanksgiving meal???
MASSIVE amounts of snow, people.
The Christmas Season begins.... Walter wanted me to take a picture of his "Sock."
This evening was Nora's Investiture Ceremony. She is officially a Daisy and officially a Girl Scout. Apparently a very tall Daisy Girl Scout.
Even she thinks she is beginning to look grown up. She looked at herself in the mirror last week, looked at me, and said, "I really look like a real girl now." Ummm.... well... you are.
Dude.... Cake. Daisies are okay!
I just love your blog. I'm just giggling to myself out loud here. and, Alek...that's amazing. What a cool kid.
ReplyDelete