Saturday, December 25, 2010

December Highlights

December, as you can see, is a busy month around here. Here are a few things (not particularly in order) we've been doing besides performing in plays, choruses and recitals.

What kind of cake did you want for your fourth birthday? Walt didn't want a cake. No way. For months he's been asking if he could have a blueberry pie for his birthday. We decided to add the cupcakes in case his guests weren't aware of how spectacular blueberry pie really is.






Nora's gift to Walter was a collection of all the favorite things she'd been given recently. This included a candy cane, a jingle bell left for her by the classroom elf at school, the snow globe her piano teacher gave her to commemorate her first recital, and a salt dough Christmas ornament she'd made the night before. Kind of awesome, I think.

Earlier in the month Walter and Nora donned costumes (along with their mommy) and helped celebrate "A Night in Bethlehem" at our church. I worked a paint and dye store. Nora helped at the pottery stand, and Walter helped just about everywhere. It was a great night.

Of course we also had school Christmas parties...

... got holiday haircuts
And Nora received the patches and pins she earned in Brownies this year.
And, of course, we visited Santa. And I can't deny it. I was a little disappointed that not one of my children is young enough...
to scream in a Santa picture anymore.





No comments:

Post a Comment