The Books and Stories of 2010
• 60. Dragonfly in Amber - Diana Gabaldon
• 59. Outlander - Diana Gabaldon (Seriously. If you want a little thrill - or a big one - and if men in kilts and dirk-wielding women make you giggle - step right up ladies and gentlemen. This book is FUN. Time travel. Passion. Romance. Violence. Adventure. lol. This book has it all.... but most importantly, it has Jamie Fraser. I dare you.)
• 58. The Little Stranger - Sarah Waters
• 57. The Passage - Justin Cronin (Okay - so I read this with a friend. I loved it. She liked it. HUGE... MASSIVE plot flaws. Seriously. But... post-apocalyptic survival stories make me soooo happy. The Twelve. The Zero. The One....... uh huh.)
• 56. Poison Study - Maria V. Snyder (Valek - uh huh)
• 55. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
• 54. Unwind - Neal Shusterman (This was a really interesting book. Not for the weak stomached.)
• 53. "Two Kinds" - Amy Tan
• 52. The Thief - Megan Whalen Turner
• 51. MOCKINGJAY - SUZANNE COLLINS (Oh.... Katniss.... Peeta.... Gale.... Finnick..... Prim.... Boggs.... Snow... Coin..... flaming arrows... girl on fire.... The Capitol.... The District.... The Rebellion... the third and final... I devoured it. Loved it. Absolutely.)
• 50. One Day - David Nicholls (unfinished... no comment).
• 49. Shiver - MAGGIE Stiefvater
• 48. The Bodyfinder - Kimberly Derting (read in 23 hours.... just sayin')
• 47. People of the Sparks - Jeanne DuPrau
• 46. City of Ember - Jeanne DuPrau
• 45. The Maze Runners - James Dashner
• 44. Ballad: A Gathering of Faerie - Maggie Stiefvater (oh James... oh Nuala... of King of the Dead!)
• 43. Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception - Maggie Stiefvater (oh, Luke... oh James.... Oh people of the Fey....)
• 42. Eclipse - Stephenie Meyer.... (giggle, giggle, giggle)
• 41. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner - Stephenie Meyer (Did I really even have to put this on here? Didn't you just assume?)
• 40. Cutting for Stone - Abraham Verghese (a grown up book)
• 39. "Cathedral" - Raymond Carver
• 38. "Good Country People" - Flannery O'Connor
• 37. Allen Ginsberg - "Howl"
• 36. Slyvia Plath, Anne Sexton - DEPRESSING
• 35. "Lullaby" - Leslie Marmon Silko
• 34. "Woman Hollaring Creek" - Sandra Cisneros
• 33. City of Glass - Cassandra Clare (Book III in the Mortal Instruments Series - So much excitement in 540 pages. Will Jace and Clary find out they're not brother and sister so their love can be embraced? Will Alec come out and admit he's in love with a 400 year old Warlock named Magnus? Will Simon EVER get used to being a vampire? Will he choose the Shadowhunter Isabelle or the Werewolf Maia? Will Jocelyn admit to herself she's loved Luke all these years? Will Sebastian and Jace and Valentine finally have it out? Do Clary and Jace have demon blood or Angel blood? Will the Downworlders join with the Shadowhunters to defeat Valentine's Demon Army????!!!!! I'm not telling.)
• 32. Trifles - Susan Glaspell
• 31. "The Man Who Was Almost a Man" - Richard Wright
• 30. "Barn Burning" - William Faulkner
• 29. "Babylon Revisited" - F. Scott Fitzgerald
• 28. "The Snows of Kilimanjaro" - Ernest Hemingway
• 27. City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare (You're just jealous.)
• 26. Song of Myself - Walt Whitman
• 25. City of Bones - Cassandra Clare (I've earned this. Shut up.)
• 24. "Petrified Man" - Eudora Welty
• 23. "The Magic Barrel" - Bernard Malamud
• 22. "The Strenuous Life" - Theodore Roosevelt
• 21. "In the Land of the Free" - Sui Sin Far
• 20. "The Gilded Six-Bits" - Zora Neale Hurston
• 19. "The Passing of Grandison" - Charles W. Chesnutt
• 18. from Up from Slavery - Booker T. Washington
• 17. "A White Heron" - Sarah Orne Jewett
• 16. "I Am Alone" - Cochise
• 15. "The Notorious Jumping Frog of Calavaras County" - Mark Twain
• 14. "The Luck of Roaring Camp" - Bret Harte
• 13. from Autobiography of an Ex-Coloured Man (ch 10) - James Weldon Johnson
• 12. "Do Not Go Gently" - Sherman Alexi
• 11. "Sexy" - Juhmpa Lahiri
• 10. The Book Thief - Marcus Zusak (70% of my 2010 books have come from the Young Adult section. Ready. Set. Judge.)
• 9. Incarceron - Catherine Fisher (What? A dystopian futuristic young adult romance? Who would read such drivel?)
• 8. Fire - Kristen Cashore (Oh, Archer. Oh, Brigan. Oh, Nash. Oh, YEAH.)
• 7. Graceling - Kristen Cashore (Amazing that I didn't rip the pages as I tore through this book.)
• 6. The Dead-Tossed Waves - Carrie Ryan (three words: "Post-apocalyptic romance sequel." Oh oh yeah.
• 5. The Forest of Hands and Teeth - Carrie Ryan (two words: "post-apocalyptic romance" Oh. Yeah.)
• 4. I Am The Messenger - Markus Zusak (amazing book. I loved this book.)
• 3. Unless - Carol Shields (loved it)
• 2. Lord of the Flies - William Golding
• 1. Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn
Recently said...
• Alek: I'm not sure all those signatures in the conduct book are mine. Someone else must be signing my name....
• Me: Walter, it's time you started peepeeing in the pottie.
• Walter: But I just a little baby.
• "I tooted a coconut!" - Walt (I have no idea.)
No comments:
Post a Comment