They say it pays to have friends in high places. Well, I'm sure that it's true, but we can attest to the fact that it's also a good thing to have at least one friend in middle places - like the Middle East. Said friend not only procured for Monkey One the newest and coolest JFK book, but also made sure it contained the autographs of the author and co-author (currently also residing in the middle east) and an extra. TWO of these three are former agents (Gerald Blaine and Clint Hill) who were assigned to the Kennedy Detail on the day of the assassination. If you know anything about Monkey One, you know this was BIG. He immediately and without and need of reference began pointing out these agents on the cover and in interior pics. He then began reminding me of famous footage of these guys that we've all seen if we've seen motorcade footage.
Not only was he thrilled to get it, but he's about halfway through this book and continually retelling little snippets from it. Did you know that the agents had to pull weapons on and kill a would-be-attacker of the Kennedy kids? Yep. A snake. Bang bang - it died, and they all agreed not to tell anyone at the time. Did you know that one boosted Jackie so enthusiastically onto her horse that she went up and completely over the horse? Well, we do. He's just getting to the day of the assassination in the book. I'm sure I'll learn a lot.
THANK YOU SHARON! As always, you are amazing.
I love that I could get that for him. I'm going to start reading my copy soon!
ReplyDelete