Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Birthday and um.... Trails.

In April,
Friends...







And Family




Gathered together to sing
Happy Birthday
and
Happy Retirement
to my dad.

Aunts and Uncle traveled from afar...


Son and Daughter and Grandchildren drove in...


and along with a singing cowgirl - we all arrived to surprise him!


He received dozens of sincere and lovely cards...


which apparently he read to my daughter...


including the one that Walt picked out ON HIS OWN.


She was clearly riveted. Or maybe sedated by her first try at Dramamine for some nasty car-sickness.
Photos of Dad were pulled out for everyone to enjoy. I loved looking at these and took some pics of the pics with my phone.

What a gorgeous child!


Love this one...

And this one, even though no matter what I do I can't rotate it properly.

(Also - the giant thumb at the edge looks phenomenal.)





Alek spent the day looking handsome and playing football with Grant and Tim.







And also helped as cue card man for the singing cowgirl.





Walter spent the day begging Uncle Mark




and any party guest he could corner...


into blowing up these ballons for him to then immediately release to hear the sound.




We all had a great day, and I hope my dad knows how amazing he is and how much he is appreciated both now on this birthday and for all those years he worked to keep us safe and warm and happy. Thanks, Daddy.











No comments:

Post a Comment