Friday, October 23, 2009

Pumpkin Extraordinaire!!!

Well, Mom lucked out. While I was away, she had the privilege of being responsible for helping Nora create a pumpkin for the annual pumpkin decorating contest at the school. The pumpkins cannot be cut or punctured in any way, and they must depict a character from a book. But Nora, apparently, needed no inspiration and very little help. She decided to create the Ferocious Beast from the Maggie and the Ferocious Beast books. There were some pretty fancy pumpkins around when I went to see hers in the exhibit. I was amazed at how many six year olds can draw perfect circles, paint Dr. Suess faces, and sew pumpkin clothing. Uh huh. Then I saw Nora's. It was very much the work of a six year old. And it was perfect.

2 comments:

  1. She did a great job. I love it. Hey, let's you and me find the "kid" who did that Mickey Mouse pumpkin and jump him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The creative gene must have skipped a generation and gone straight to Nora. What an imagination.

    ReplyDelete