I am well aware of how behind I am... but it's time to start catching up!
Early in August, after what can only be called a "really fun" car ride......

............we went to see my side of the family in St. Louis on the way to Illinois. We got to see the Missouri Botanical Gardens....

We got to see indiginous plant life....

Indiginous wildlife....

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't quite convince Walter to be scared or believe that these guys were real. Bummer.

There was some performing...


some exploring....

some building....

some buzzing...

and some koi-feeding death-marching....
(and some watching of the others doing the death-marching from the cafe)

And The Magic House! Where Walter fished alone for an hour.
He fished in the pond and then took the fish to the beginning of the stream... and then followed it back to the pond..... and we started all over again!

That night we were treated to a bar-b-que and Walt got to hang out with his cousins.

And then a dance performance was enjoyed by all.

Walter fell in love with Buster....

and we saw what being 17 is all about.

The next day we drove to Springfield to see the Lincoln Museum with Aunt Genie (center with bonnet) and cousins Ella (far left) and Jessica (not pictured).
And we left something in the woods behind the settlement. I'm not saying what it was. I'm just saying it was Walter's fault.
No comments:
Post a Comment