Monday, July 25, 2011

VBS 2011

So, many of you know that I was involved as a VBS director for years (actually until the summer that I taught three classes, we moved, and we went to a family reunion with our then 7, 4, and 1 year old and David begged me to quit directing)....

Well, this year, I volunteered on the other side - with another former VBS director whom you may or may not recognize....


This is my version of spending VBS with a room of 12 four-year-olds.....

"uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, but ummm... Miss Sharon? I think God gave Jonah a time out."


They want us to say what???? Yeah... let's change this wording of this story up just a little...


It's raining... AGAIN (for generally just the 15 minutes we were to be outside) no playground time today... how can we fill the time? Googly Eyes!
I know we should do the lesson, but they're all happy.....


(Sung to VERY upbeat, bouncy, synthesized melody while dancing: "God, loves us! He sent his son to die for us because of his great love!") COME. ON.
AAAAAGGGHHH!!!  IT'S THE PANDA!!!! 
WHERE IS MEGAN???? GET HER OUT OF HERE!!!! 
SHE'S TERRIFIED!!!

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11... 11.... 11... 11.... oh, whew! 12!


 Alright, Alright, in truth, the week was exhausting, but lots of fun and full of rewards.  The kids learned to sing and dance to songs about God and Christ and the joys of knowing to trust in their Christianity.
 
We had a lot of silly moments,
and some sweet ones, too.

 Tons of smiles, lots of new friends,
and good time spent with special friends as well.

I'm so glad I did it.  And I think I'll even do it again!  Maybe next year... the 5's.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment