Friday, May 28, 2010

Eggsasperation

Yesterday:
Walter: (from downstairs) Mooommmmmmm! I have a problem!
Me: (working on the pc upstairs) What is it?
Walter: I can't get the egg out of the couch!
Me: (pausing my typing and looking in the direction of the stairs) WHAT???? What egg?
Walter: The brown one!
Me: (Running downstairs as I realize he means an actual egg. I rescue the unbroken egg from between two couch cushions and notice the carton of a full dozen eggs sitting unsuspectingly on the couch.) What were you doing??
Walter: (as if it's obvious) Watching them.

End Act I.

This morning:
Walter: (from the kitchen while I make the bed) Mooommmmm! I have the eggs for you!
Me: WHERE DO YOU HAVE THE EGGS?
Walter: (suddenly behind me) In your bedroom.
Me: (taking the carton from his hands) Walter, stop getting the eggs out. What's the deal with the eggs????
Walter: They're so beautiful.
Me: (staring at him. What would you say???)
Walter: What's inside them?
Me: Nothing. Food. For cooking. You've had eggs a million times, buddy.
Walter: Show me.

We proceed to crack, scramble, and cook an egg. He devours it for breakfast. All is well in the world. His curiosity is satisfied.

End Act II.

This afternoon.
Walter: (from the foot of the stairs) Mooommmmm! I have a problem!
Me: (working upstairs at the PC) DO YOU HAVE THE EGGS AGAIN!
Walter: (silence)
Me: Walter?!
Walter: I'm sorry I broked the egg!
Me: (moving toward his voice.... down the stairs...... and at the foot of the stairs almost to my bedroom..... this):


Me: What is the deal with the EGGS????

Walter: I broked the egg.

Me: How? Why do you have an egg right here?

Walter: I kissed it.

Me: Well, do you know where that egg came from? A chicken butt. Don't kiss eggs.

Walter: It came from the refrigerator, Mom. (loud eggsasperated sigh)

Yes.... Walter, I'm so sorry I eggsasperate you.

End Act III. Curtain.

3 comments: