Friday, May 28, 2010

Shifting the Birthday Greeting



I want this to be included when I print the blog at the end of the year..... so I'm popping it in as a post instead of just deleting from the sidebar. Glad I explained? Didn't want mass panic and confusion.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.......To my baby brother. He's the only man who's ever written a song for me. He was but a young teenager when he composed the masterpiece.... "Jen Is Stupid." (No need to mention that it was in response to my own memorable composition, "Dumb, Dumb Timmy.") He's the only man who's ever made me slam my own head in a door. My guess is that he was.... 12. He's the only person I could make cry by staring at or make vomit by throwing a sauteed mushroom into the mouth of. He's the only person I ever tried to shield with my own body while a fed up grandmother threatened him with a willow tree switch. He's the only person who ever gave me a real ponytail for Christmas. Yeah. In a box. It was his. It had a red bow on it. Not the box.... the ponytail. He is a leaver of potions, a member of the Solanoids or Sylanoids or something like that. He is a dresser of dogs, a hider of spam. He is a lover of racing decals and chickens, backfiring vans and braunschweiger. And I love him.

1 comment:

  1. That is the most profound blog I have ever read. That brother of yours must be quite a fellow.

    ReplyDelete